Friday, August 5, 2011

Morning Devotion

This mornings devotion reinforces for me what I heard God saying to me last night in my quiet time!

Aug. 5
Sit Quietly In My Presence while I bless you. Make your mind like a still pool of water, ready to receive whatever thoughts I drop into it. Rest in My sufficiency, as you consider the challenges this day presents. Do not wear yoursefl out by worrying about whether you can cope with the pressures. Keep looking to Me & communicating with Me, as we walk through this day together.

Take time to rest by the wayside, for I am not in a hurry. A leisurely pace accomplishes more than hurried striving. When you rush, you forget who you are & Whose you are. Remember that you are royalty in My kingdom.

Psalm 37:7;  Romans 8:16-17;  1 Peter 2:9

Psalm 37:7
Be still before the Lord & wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God & co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order taht we may also share in his glory.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.


Last night in my quiet time, I felt God telling me " Do not rush. Take your time, doing a little each day. I will show you when & where to stop & rest. You will get there when the time is right."

I still feel this to be true this morning. I try to put my all into anything I do which is a good thing & also a bad thing at times too. When I put my all into doing something, I really put my all into it. Then my perfectionistic tendencies come out & I get consumed easy, often times neglecting other duties in my life. I feel like this is happening with my wanting to learn all that I can of God's word. While that's a great thing to want to do, if I'm neglecting other responsibilities then I'm not honoring God in the right way.

I'm looking for that right balance when it comes to my everyday responsibilities, my quiet time, Bible studies & reading/studying my Bible, being in God's word. I've been losing my focus lately & getting all consumed easily. I'm working on so many things at once & getting overwhelmed.

I'm chosing to listen to God, slowing down, stopping & resting when I feel God telling me to do so. While I'm anxious to learn, grow & heal, I also see the point in slowing down too. When I rush to learn, grow & heal then it's not lasting, It's fleeting. Real, lasting learning growth & healing takes time. However much time that consists of is up to God's perfect timing. I'm choosing to slow down & trust in God's timing. I'll get there & I'm not stopping, just slowing down to take in the deeper meaning.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about that yesterday when you mentioned "I just need to slow down and not act like I have to get everything finished now!". How perfect today's devotion is for you!!! I am so glad you are enjoying your quiet time and allowing Him to speak to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to be both enjoying my quiet time & getting so much out of it these last few days. It's been awesome! I've actually been hearing God talking to me & I'm listening! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to the professional tendencies. I have them as well. Always wanting to get things done at once and yesterday. I have what 5 bible studies all on different topics and want to do them all NOW. What I've learned is I am not getting anything when I do thing half way. Now that I'm focusing on one thing I am getting the lessons that are being taught.

    Thanks for the reminder to just be still and wait on God.

    ReplyDelete