Sunday, July 31, 2011

My quiet time on 7/30/11

Wow, my quiet time was something else tonight. I really felt God leading me to specifice scripture tonight & I haven't had that happen too many times before in the last 4 years. Tonight God led me to my concordance to look up "Powerless." That led me to 2 Chronicles 14:11 which says....

"Then Asa called to the Lord his God & said, "Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, O Lord our God, for we rely on you, & in your name we have come against this vast army. O Lord, you are our God, do not let man prevail against you."

Here are the study notes for this verse....
If you are facing battles your feel you can't possibly win, don't give up. In the face of vast hordes of enemy soldiers, Asa prayed for God's help, recognizing his powerlessness against such a mighty army. The secret of victory is first to admit the futility of unaided human effort & then to trust God to save. His power works best through those who recognize their limitations (2 Corinthians 12:9). It is those who think they can do it all on their own who are in the greatest danger.

I then went to 2 Corinthians 12:9 since it was mentioned in the study notes. It says....
"But he said to me," my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more glady about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Here are the study notes for this verse....
Although God did not remove Paul's physical affliction, he promised to demonstrate his power in Paul. The fact that God's power is displayed in weak people should give us courage. Though we recognize our limitations, we will not congratulate ourselves & rest at that. Instead we will turn to God to seek pathways for effectiveness. We must rely on God for our effectiveness rather than simply on our own energy, effort or talent. Our weakness not only helps develop Christian character, it also deepens our worship, because in admitting our weakness, we affirm God's strength.

My thoughts....
God's really speaking to me tongiht! I'm facing a battle that I'm questioning my ability to win on. God's telling me to never give up & always keep fighting. I need God to be with me in this to be able to have victory over my battle. I'm limited in my own abilities but with God I am unlimited & will get to the victory. I have been continually putting myself at risk trying to do it all on my own.

It's important to recognize my limitations & see my need/want to turn to God. He can be effective where I can't. I need to stop relying on my own energy & effort to fix things when problems arise & turn to the only one who can be effective, my Lord, my God. When I admit my weaknesses, I declare God's strength which in turn deepens my Faith & Trust in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment