Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Question 6c from Chapter 5

It's been 2 weeks so I'm going back & answering this question now.

Chapter 5--question 6c
After a few weeks, write what God has done in your mind & in your heart through the power of His word & your prayers.

God has been challenging & changing my thinking these last 2 weeks. I've been thinking more & more about how I have been "trying" to handle it all on my own & not allowing God to do his part in my healing. God has shown me that I need to rest in him, his presence more often rather than "trying" to do it all without him. I won't make it without him. My healing won't last if he's not in it with me. God has also helped me see that when I am disappointed with the progress if my healing, I shouldn't be because my healing process is right where it is supposed to be. It's not about my plans, it's about his plan. I'm trusting in God's plan & not my own. My plans are flawed & his aren't, his are perfect. According to his plan & his timing my healing will happen. I just need to keep being an active participant in the process by continuing to pray, read my Bible, spend time in quiet with God & keep looking to him for my answers.

God has been changing my heart to be more trusting & accepting of his word without me first doubting what I'm reading  or hearing. I can see where my Faith has been increasing & that makes me very happy. This last weekend was the first time I took a situation where I was getting saddened from the events of the day & I took those sad feelings to God right away. I didn't "try" to handle them on my own first & then only take them to God after I had failed on my own. This time I went to God staright away just as soon as I started feeling the sadness begin to overwhelm me & instead of waiting I took that sadness straight to God & I felt so much better afterward. I literally felt like that huge weight of sadness left me as soon as I finished praying & pouring my heart out to God. And I felt fine the rest of the night after taking it to God. Taking every little thing like that to God is the way to go. I'm going to remember to stop & nip things like that in the bud by taking them to God right away, just as soon as they begin to bother me. God is good all of the time. He will always help me when I trust him & have Faith that he can & will help me. It's been great seeing just what all God is doing within me to transform me from the inside out. For the first time I have been able to see the changes happening.

I believe that God has revealed to me my life verse in the last week. I've been waiting to be sure that this is the one. I've been praying for God to make it crystal clear to me that this verse is my life verse. I want to be sure.

God is working in me. He's growing me up in his word, in his love & in his image. I've never felt more loved too than I do right now. I get it now, I really do, God Loves Me! He always has & he always will! And I Love Him Too!

No comments:

Post a Comment