Thursday, July 14, 2011

Something Cool!

I want to share something pretty cool that happened yesterday. As you may know I've been having several up & down days over the last couple of weeks. I was having another difficult day on Tuesday following my counseling appointment & that carried over into my morning yesterday.

Galations 5 came up for me 3 times yesterday.

First a friend texted me asking if I had a Life Application Study Bible & if I did she suggested that I look up Galatians 5:24-25, read the verse & then specifically look at the application notes for those 2 verses. This friend had said that those 2 verses (specifically the application notes) had really hit home with her.

Then Galatians 5 came up again. When I sat down to look up those 2 verses, I already had that page bookmarked as a place where I had left off at once before when I was reading. 

Finally Galatians 5 came up for the 3rd time as I sat down to work on my Bible study for the small group I'm in at my Church. We are working on a book called Discipleship Essentials by Greg Ogden this yearThe lesson we were on was about--Fruit of the Holy Spirit & the memory verse was Galatians 5:22-23. The Bible Study verses were Galatians 5:16-26.

Now this is the first time that a verse, chapter or book in the Bible has come up for me several times in a day. I knew it was no coincidence & that God had something for me to see in Galatians 5. After reading the verses & looking up the study/application notes my day turned around. I started seeing just how much God loves me & how much he's here for me & always has been. The study notes that really spoke to me were from Galatians 5:25 where it says that--God is interested in every part of our lives, not just the spiritual part.
Also the study notes for Galatians 5:24 where it says that--We must daily commit our sinful tendencies to God's control, daily crucify them, & moment by moment draw on the Spirit's power to overcome them.
I took a lot from this experience & I'm very thankful that God sent me such a strong/powerful message to read those verses. I got the message & followed his leading. My afternoon got better after that & I ended my evening on a good note by going to Small Group & getting to enjoy the company of others & a great discussion on Fruit of the Holy Spirit. A nice night!

It's amazing what being in the word can do to turn things around & get you thinking differently. God knows what he's doing. Just trust in him & he'll get you through the tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment