Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28th - Jesus Calling Devotion

Let My Love seep into the inner recesses of
your being. Do not close off any part of yourself from
Me. I know you inside & out, so do not try to present
a "cleaned - up" self to Me. Wounds taht you shut
away from from the Ligth of My Love will fester &
become wormy. Secret sins that you "hide" from Me
can split off & develop lives of their own, controlling
you without your realizing it.

Open yourself fully to My transforming Presensce.
Let My brilliant Love - Light search out & destroy
hidden fears. This process requires time alone with
Me, as My Love soaks into your innermost being.
Enjoy My perfect Love, which expels every trace of fear.

Psalm 139: 1-4, 23-24             John 4:18




This devotion was just exactly what I needed this morning. I looked up the verses mentioned & here's what my study Bible had to say on those.....

139:1-5
Sometimes we don't let people get to know us completely because we are afraid they will discover something aboutus that they won't like. But God already knows everything about us, even to the number of hairs on our heads (Matthew 10:30), & still he accepts & loves us. God is with us through every situation, in every trial - protecting, loving, guiding. He knows & loves us completely.

139:21-24
David's hatred for his enemies came from his zeal for God. David regarded his enemies as God's enemies, so his hatred was a desire for God's righteous justice & not for personal vengence. Is it all right to be angry at people who hate God? Yes, but we must remember that it is God who will deal with them, not us. If we truly love God, then we will be deeply hurt if someone hates him. David asked God to search his heart & mind & point out any wrong motives that may have been behind his strong words. But while we seek justice against evil, we must also pray that God's enemies will turn to him before he judges them
(see Matthew 5:44).

John 4:16-20
When this woman discovered that Jesus knew all about her private life, she quickly changed the subject. Often people become uncomfortable when the conversation is too close to home, & they try to talk about something else. As we witness, we should gently guide the conversation back to Christ. His presence exposes sin & makes people squirm, but only Christ can forgive sins & give new life.

I'll have to get back to my thoughts on this. I have a full house of children now & concentration is getting difficult for me at this time.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment