Friday, July 1, 2011

Anxiety

Wow, I'm having some anxiety getting ahold of me this morning. I haven't had it come on this bad for a few months now, not since I started counseling. I'm not sure what's causing it. There doesn't seem to be anything in particular that I'm anxious about. Just a general anxiousness going on.
Time to look up some scripture to try & combat this feeling. I'm going to get out my concordance & see what I can find. This will be the first time I've actually looked in there to find scripture pertaining to anything specific.

Scriptures on Anxiety:

Ecclesiastes 11:10
So then,banish anxiety from your heart & cast off the troubles of your body, for youth & vigor are meaningless.

1Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Proverbs 12:25
An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer & petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

These are great scriptures to share but not exactly what I'm looking for today. I'm not sure what my trouble is to be able to give it over to God like these scriptures say to do. Guess I could pray that he'll reveal to me what is causing me this anxiousness. That or just pray about the anxiousness I'm feeling in a general sense. God knows what's going on even if & when I don't understand it. He's good! He loves me!
Time to Pray & then look up some more scriptures, see if I can find what I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment